Our Client, a growing, eclectic Casual Dining company, is seeking a Kitchen Manager for their Raleigh location.
The position supports and reports to the Head Chef and Sushi Chef. The KM role is a multifunctional position that manages and supervises during production and prep. KMs are responsible to know the menu item specifications and MOP. The KMs will receive an AOR from the Head Chef and are held accountable for specific goals and initiatives
Areas of responsibility
They require a BOH Manager who shows exceptional skills in developing and growing teams, and effectively managing the kitchen staff. Would report directly to the Executive Chef, able to control and manage food cost in line with the budget, source ingredients, control production and portions in line with specifications. Very competitive base salary, plus benefits and bonus up to $12K per year.
The restaurant is a one-of-a-kind dining experience, thriving on its ability to fuse two niche products seamlessly on the same menu. Certainly unusual, absolutely great! The first and only "Sushi Burger Bar"!
If you want to work in a uniquely fun, growing concept, where great food & drinks are served in a non-corporate, casual environment, this could be the perfect match.
Qualified candidates must have current Back-of-House management experience in a higher-volume($3M+) restaurant.
Our Client offers a competitive base salary plus a strong benefits package including health, dental, 2 weeks paid vacation and 401K program.
- Manages the hourly staff during production. The KM will expedite and be the “last line of defense” for quality control.
- Directly responsible for maintaining the quality identifiers during service.
- Maintains all BOH systems. Responsible for perfect line checks and prep list execution.
- Direct responsibility for managing schedules and hitting labor targets through proactive scheduling and labor cost control.
- Manages declining budgets for controllable costs
- Orders from approved vendors and follows strict adherences to predetermined specifications.
- Manages routine cleaning lists and daily sanitation responsibilities
- Must be servsafe certified
- Attends regular manager/staff meetings to develop staff, create initiatives, train for new product rollouts and redirect manager efforts.
- Responsible for executing the company training program. Provides feedback and conducts reviews of hourly staff
- Ability to lead by example with regard to line cooking. All KMs are trained and capable of delivering superior results when preparing menu items.
Our Client is the first restaurant focusing on offering both the best sushi AND the best burger in town. All natural, creative and hearty, the burgers entice with fresh, never frozen, ingredients and bold flavors. Spiked hand-spun milkshakes, premium sakes, craft beers, wine and 10oz exotic martinis round out a huge bar menu that is sure to please. We aim to offer something for the entire family. Scrumptious appetizers for sharing, hot soups and entree-sized salads, homemade desserts and a fun kid's menu are joined by our signature creations that we call "Burgushi"! A cutting edge fusion of burger and sushi, burgushi items include sushi rolls created using burger components, and pick-up style sandwiches created using sushi components. If you can't make up your mind, try a bento box to sample a mini-burger along with your choice of sushi roll and three tasty side items!
Born of a desire to create a fun-loving environment that anyone can enjoy, we are a come one, come all operation. Whether you've just finished a workout at the gym, or you're dressed to impress for a night out on the town, we provide an atmosphere to suit all walks of life. A bright interior featuring custom artwork and vibrant music, a 600-gallon aquarium filled with live cowfish, a sushi bar with interactive computer monitors that allow you to build your own sushi roll, and a huge 125-seat covered patio are only some of the elements that make us a memorable experience!