Nothing Bundt Cakes is seeking a QA Manager. Job description below.
TITLE: Quality Assurance SpecialistLOCATION: Plano, TXDEPT: SHIPP REPORTS TO: Director of Supply Chain
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for proactively ensuring the highest level of quality for all Company’s supplier network. This role will work closely with the Director of Supply Chain and Director of Product Development in developing programs for product inspection, testing, and quality control procedures and processes for all food, paper and retail products used in Nothing Bundt Cakes (NbC) Franchise and company-owned bakeries.
- Ensure the delivery of safe, quality products in a sustainable manner with minimization of risks to the NbC brand.
- Develop and implement a quality production program to ensure conformity of purchased material and final products to quality standards.
- Conducts continuous evaluation of products at supplier’s manufacturing locations and Bakeries to ensure specification compliance. Identify opportunities and strategies to target the company’s specification to optimize cost.
- Evaluates and tracks supplier’s quality performance to ensure the NbC brand quality assurance standards are met.
- Meet with vendors, customers, quality representatives, and NbC Support Team to discuss and resolve quality problems as required.
- Participate and assist with the research and development of new products and the improvement of existing products.
- Perform food safety and quality assessments for review of manufacturing standards, HACCP/FSMA Food Safety Plans, Food Quality Plans, and sanitation programs.
- Visits company and non-company bakeries from time to time to conduct in-bakery product evaluations with bakery owners and regional support team to ensure compliance to specification.
- Co-lead investigations and resolutions of product quality complaints with bakeries and support team. Utilizes information to address and discuss action plans with suppliers.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices for food and retail manufacturing, preparation and handling according to federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Monitors food labeling, safe food production and safe food handling to ensure the company’s bakeries follow such laws and regulations. Notifies Supply Chain and Product Development team of any impending or proposed regulatory changes.
Core Values/Leadership Competencies:
- Work with internal team to validate and approve new supplier facilities that will support NbC brand.
- Maintains all specification records for the company’s bakery and retail products.
- Participate in product development review to create testing protocols, coordinating and conducting test specifications and drive recommendations for production readiness.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Servant’s Heart
- Developer of people
- Vision casting
- Lead by example
- Spirit of a Champion
- Exhibits extreme ownership – 100/0! Mentality – 100% responsibility and zero excuses!
- Excellence driven, desires feedback and improvement
- Sound judgment
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Genuine Connections
- Intensely collaborative
- Professional with the ability to influence at all levels
- Communicates often and openly
Education/Certification and Work Experience Requirements:
- General understanding of retail industry and knowledge of food product manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills
- Judgment/Decision Making – the ability to independently work through complex problems and derive innovative solutions/options
- Strong analytical ability
- Expert organizational skills
- Ability to work well cross-functionally
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Able to regularly and repeatedly lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods and be able to bend and reach overhead
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure
- Ability to read and write in English
- Basic math and computer skills
- Business travel will be required- Maintain the ability to legally operate personal and/or business automobile-Travel requirement
- Knowledge of HACCP, SQF, GFSI and USDA/FDA
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related position or field
- Must be authorized to work in the United States