This financially stable, growing Restaurant company is seeking an experienced Controller to be based at their headquarters in Knoxville, TN. Strong financial experience is required, preferably in the Restaurant or Retail industry.
Relocation assistance will be provided for the right candidate.
Very competitive compensation package, including $80-$100K base salary, paid vacation, and full benefits package.
Job description :
Creates, controls, and maintains and effective financial recording and reporting program and oversees all human resource functions. Such activities include accounting, budgeting, profit planning, financial planning, reporting and analysis, internal auditing, financing, cash management, cash projection, all aspects of employee insurance and plans, administration of insurance, taxes, property and other finical matters. Reviews reports sent in by individual stores and takes steps to insure the accuracy of the information submitted.
Essential Duties :
1. Implements corporate policies, procedures, and board directives.
2. Works closely with the COO on all operation issues, including cost management and proper cost coding and allocations.
3. Structures and organizes the Accounting Department to achieve efficient and effectiveness in caring out transactional responsibilities and in building a team-work relationship with all Operations personnel.
4. Responsible for implementing any Bonus or annual Profit Plan in conjunction with the approved plans.
5. Establishes and implements corporate financial and accounting policies, procedures, and structures for accounting, budgeting, taxes, planning and forecasting, financial reporting, and performance measurement.
6. Analyzes the company’s on-going financial position and all aspects of business activities as they relate to financial requirements and matters, in order to identify any significant deviation from sound financial planning or from the sound allocation of capital and recommend corrective action when necessary.
7. Develops and implements various financial reporting systems for the company’s management team, providing the necessary information to make management decisions in a timely manner, and various financial reporting systems for the President/CEO and the various investors and members.
8. Develops, implements, and manages an adequate system of internal controls that provides for both the protection of assets and the accurate reporting of performance.
9. Provides administrative direction, technical direction, and training to all involved in financial operations to ensure corporate financial data is accurate and timely; especially as it relates to Cost coding.
10. Administers all corporate tax issues and W-2 and 1099 forms in coordinating with the designated CPA, in a timely manner.
11. Oversees the collection of all funds and approves all company disbursements.
12. Manages cash flow and maintains cash flow projection.
13. Verifies all daily deposits and credit card transfers.
14. Responsible for all cash management and on-line banking.
15. Responsible for all new company set-ups, including tax, company organizational document filing, company set-up in GP, and banking, etc.
16. Maintains all company passwords.
17. Oversees the administration of employee benefit programs including Health, Life, and Disability Insurance, reconciles monthly billings, and coordinates annual renewals.
18. Responsible for communicating all aspects of benefits to applicable employees and for appropriate internal and governmental reporting activities, in cooperation with the President/CEO.
19. Oversees the proper maintenance of a complete and organized system of employee and personnel files in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
20. Supports company managers to recruit new team members, when needed.
21. Oversees new-hire paperwork, conducts proper orientation, and finalizes any terminations.
22. Recommends policies/programs that aid in the retention of employees and that protect company’s interests.
23. Maintains (when applicable) a company payroll system and prepares and reconciles weekly payroll.
24. Maintains and updates property and equipment rerecords.
25. Works with the President/CEO to ensure that company property has adequate insurance coverage and reviews policies annually, obtaining alternate quotes to ensure competitive pricing.
26. Provides information for annual Workers Compensation audits and ensures that workers are properly classified.
27. Oversees the proper tracking of team member leave requests, including vacation and sick pay.
28. Represents the company at industry or community function or meetings, as requested.
29. Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Also, you may be selected to represent the company in some of the professional or charitable organizations that the company participates in.
Must have experience with Great Plains software.
Please submit your resume (in STRICT confidence) for immediate consideration.