This brand new BBQ full service restaurant & bar located in Ames is currently seeking a Front-of-House Restaurant Manager. They are an established brand in Ames that started with their very popular food truck. The owner has an extensive BBQ background and has won several awards listed below.
Four-time, Iowa Barbeque Society Team of the Year.
2012 Kansas City Barbeque Society National Brisket Champion
Winner 2012 American Royal World Series of Barbeque--Open Brisket
Winner 2013 American Royal World Series of Barbeque--Invitational Ribs
Big Poppa Smokers Elite Team, Competing for Children's CharitiesFront of House Manager Job description
The front of house manager oversees all direct front-end operations at a restaurant. They shape a restaurant-goer’s experience by maintaining the dining room’s appearance, hiring and training quality staff, and ensuring good customer service. The most important part of the front of house manager’s job is upholding the mission and values of Cornbred to ensure a quality experience for every guest, and an exceptional work environment for every staff member. Front of house managers are “people-people” with strong organization and leadership skills. A talent for conflict resolution is also important for addressing customer complaints and handling staff disputes.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Cornbred
- Manage a team of front of house staff including scheduling, training, and general supervision
- Oversee that all opening and closing duties of the outlets are completed correctly and that cleanliness and maintenance are maintained
- Communicate duties clearly to servers and bartenders. Monitor changes in guest count and adjust all elements as appropriate, making cuts as needed.
- Proficient in using Schedulefly to schedule employees.
$39000 per annum paid weekly
- Responsible for helping with the hiring process: interviewing, recruiting, onboarding, and training
- Providing excellent customer service to guests and excellent leadership to employees
- Enforce and monitor all health, safety, and sanitation standards in their area
- Handle guest complaints according to provided guidelines
- Work closely with Management team to provide a seamless experience
- Responsible for quality assurance of products and service of front of house
- Work closely with management team to provide consistent and excellent experience for both guests and team members
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations
- Responsible for maintaining clean, kept in excellent working condition, and organized equipment used in front of house
Full health benefits, vision and dental.75% of premiums paid for health insurance
One week of paid vacation after one-year of employment
In 3-6 months the management team will develop a bonus structure based on decreasing controllable expenses and increasing revenue.Managers will receive a percentage of the increased margins based on exceeding goals and benchmarks.