TITLE: Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager
LOCATION: Plano, TX
REPORTS TO: Director of Supply Chain
The Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager will be responsible for company-wide objectives related to Purchasing, Demand Planning, Inventory Control, and Distribution. This position will oversee inventory control management strategies and tactics to improve overall inventory accuracy working closely with the Director of Supply Chain, Purchasing Analyst, Retail and Operations teams to drive effective inventory availability and management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Set strategy and implement key tactics to improve inventory accuracy, reduce inventory losses and improve overall working capital management
- Knowledge and understanding of Netstock demand planning software or similar to develop, implement, track and report performance in inventory accuracy.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to drive inventory to optimal levels to meet operational needs and financial objectives
- Develop policies and procedures for inventory that drive standardization and effective use of ERP systems to improve demand planning
- Place purchase orders for products to ensure adequate inventory levels exist to demand and sales projections. Since many of these items are from China, an understanding of this supply chain and lead times, Customs and the Harmonized Tariff System is desired.
- Follow up with vendors to get committed delivery dates, update ERP system and open PO report with these dates and follow up with vendors to ensure attainment of delivery dates. Proactively alert management to potential inventory issues and initiate steps to mitigate the negative impacts of these items.
- Work with Purchasing Analyst to analyze past sales, promotional plans, orders, etc. to determine appropriate inventory levels, particularly on seasonal products.
- Review analyze and update inventory items usage quantities and lead times to optimize inventory levels and reorder points.
- Coordinate regular meetings with Director between marketing, warehouse and purchasing to ensure collaboration and coordination on inventory levels, purchasing activities and promotion
· Bachelor’s Degree, or
· Strong ERP skills
· Strong Analytical skills
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft based technology
- Demonstrated ability to drive performance improvements in inventory management
- Servant’s Heart
- Acts with a sense of urgency in supporting the bakery needs
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Spirit of a Champion
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Skilled at planning and organizing
- 100 % responsibility for things you can control; with 0 excuses
- Genuine Connections
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, peers, and bakery owners.
- Works cooperatively with supervision or as a part of a team.
- Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner.